CHRISTOPHER M. JONES, CFP®
Christopher M. Jones is the Founder and President of Sparrow Wealth Management (formerly known as Keystone Financial Planning), a Registered Investment Advisor in Nevada and Pennsylvania. Mr. Jones provides investment management and fee-only financial planning services for clients nationwide.
Prior to starting his firm, Mr. Jones worked as a financial advisor for several wealth management firms. Mr. Jones advised individuals and families on goal setting, cash flow issues, tax planning, education funding, retirement planning, insurance needs, estate planning, and investing. Mr. Jones also developed sophisticated retirement planning software that continues to be used by firms today.
Before entering the financial planning field, Mr. Jones was a management consultant for Monitor Company, a top-tier strategy consulting firm with global headquarters in Cambridge, MA. While at Monitor Company, Mr. Jones identified and structured corporate strategies for Fortune 500 clients. Representative case projects included the following:
- Merger and Acquisition Study: Performed the strategic “due diligence” for a New York holding company that wanted to buy out the #1 van line in the moving industry.
- Entrepreneurial Start-up Venture: Assisted a small research team in taking their technology to the market, which involved doing extensive market research to design new products, writing the business plan, designing a financial model that generated pro-forma statements under varying sales growth and operating cost scenarios, and making sales presentations to potential investors.
- NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor (National Association of Personal Financial Advisors)
- East Penn School District (former School Director)
- Lehigh Valley Zoological Society (former Board member)
Mr. Jones is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner. He completed the CFP® Professional Education Program from the College for Financial Planning in 2000.
Mr. Jones graduated from Brigham Young University in 1997 with a B.S. in Economics and a minor in Business Management. He graduated in the top 1% of his class (summa cum laude). Mr. Jones was also the recipient of a BYU Trustee’s Scholarship, which paid for all of his college tuition.